Benefits of Membership
Membership of AAEE shows (to your colleagues, students, prospective employers) that you are committed to advancing engineering education. As a member, you will also enjoy a number of benefits:
- You will receive AAEE's e-mail bulletin with the latest engineering education news
- You will receive a discount on registration at AAEE annual conferences and pre-conference workshops and short courses
- You will have a say in the future direction of AAEE through attendance at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and by standing for election to the AAEE Executive.
In addition, your membership will assist AAEE to provide a number of services that are available to both members and non-members alike:
- The AAEE web site will keep you up to date with the latest happenings in engineering education in Australasia
- You will be able to search the Australasian Journal of Engineering Education and AAEE annual conferences
- The AAEE on-line Forum and special interest groups provide opportunities for debate, networking, collaboration, and resource sharing.
- The AAEE Annual Awards recognise outstanding contributions to engineering education in Australasia.
How to Join
Membership of AAEE is open to anyone with an interest in engineering education - engineering academics, academics from other disciplines who teach engineering students, engineering support staff, postgraduate engineering students, engineering librarians, professional engineers, employers, and vocational educators.
Staff members or engineering postgraduate students at Australian or New Zealand universities
Thanks to the sponsorship of the Australian Council of Engineering Deans, staff (academic and general) and engineering postgraduate students from universities in Australia and New Zealand may currently become members of the Association at no cost.
Others from Australia and New Zealand
AAEE welcomes members from outside the university sector - professional engineers, vocational educators, industry-based trainers, employers, engineering graduates... Membership is $55AUD per annum.
If you are a member of the Institution of Engineers, Australia, at renewal time you may nominate AAEE as your subsidised technical society and join for only $55AUD.
While AAEE is focused on engineering education within Australasia, the Association welcomes members from outside Australia and New Zealand. Membership is $50AUD per annum (no GST applicable).
Member Contact Details
Whether you are a new or an existing member, please ensure that your contact details are kept up to date, so that we can continue to provide you with news and information."