Welcome to the website for the 28th Australasian Association for Engineering Education (AAEE) Annual Conference. AAEE-2017 is being hosted by Macquarie University Dept. of Engineering, and will be held at the Manly Novotel, Sydney, 10-13th December 2017. Manly is a lively beach-side suburb only 30 minutes by ferry from Circular Quay in Sydney.
The theme for AAEE-2017 is “Integrated Engineering”, which covers a range of sub-themes, such as:
- Integration of theory and practice in the learning and teaching process
- Interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary engineering programs and learning environments
- Integration of teaching and research in the engineering training process
- The role and impact of engineering students and educators in the wider community
- Systems perspectives on engineering education.
Integration is also about connections, e.g. between students and teachers, between students in learning together, and between educational institutions and industry and wider society in the engineering education process.
We look forward to seeing you in Manly for a productive and enjoyable event at AAEE-2017, the primary conference in the region for dissemination of scholarship and best practice in engineering education.
Professor Graham Town
General Chair, AAEE-2017
School of Engineering, Macquarie University,
NSW 2109. AUSTRALIA