Become a member of the AAEE
Benefits of Membership
Membership of AAEE shows (to your colleagues, students, prospective employers) that you are committed to advancing engineering education. As a member, you will also enjoy a number of benefits:
- You will receive AAEE’s e-mail bulletin with the latest engineering education news
- You will receive a discount on registration at AAEE annual conferences and pre-conference workshops and short courses
- You will have a say in the future direction of AAEE through attendance at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and by standing for election to the AAEE Executive.
In addition, your membership will assist AAEE to provide a number of services that are available to both members and non-members alike:
- The AAEE web site will keep you up to date with the latest happenings in engineering education in Australasia
- You will be able to search the Australasian Journal of Engineering Education and AAEE annual conferences
- The AAEE on-line Forum and special interest groups provide opportunities for debate, networking, collaboration, and resource sharing.
- The AAEE Annual Awards recognise outstanding contributions to engineering education in Australasia.
Membership Types and Fees
Australian and New Zealander University Staff
Thanks to the sponsorship of the Australian Council of Engineering Deans (ACED), staff (academic and general) and engineering postgraduate students from universities in Australia and New Zealand may currently become members of AAEE at no cost.
Australian and New Zealander Other
AAEE welcomes members from outside the university sector – professional engineers, vocational educators, industry-based trainers, employers, engineering graduates. Membership is AUD 60 per annum.
If you are a member of Engineers Australia at renewal time you can nominate AAEE as your subsidised technical society.
How to Join
Membership of AAEE is open to anyone with an interest in engineering education – engineering academics from other disciplines who teach engineering students, engineering support staff, postgraduate engineering students, engineering librarians, professional engineers, employers, and vocational educators.
As AAEE is a technical society of Engineers Australia (EA), AAEE membership is run through the EA portal.
If you are already a member of Engineers Australia or one of Engineers Australia’s other Technical Societies – you can add AAEE to your Technical Society membership(s) by logging into the EA portal using your existing ID and password.
If you are NOT already a member of Engineers Australia or any of Engineers Australia’s other Technical Societies – you will need to create a new account with Engineers Australia on the EA portal and list AAEE as your Technical Society of choice.
For more information on Engineers Australia’s Technical Societies please see here.